Monday, May 27, 2013

Week 6- Medford, Oregon: In the Field

Hello Everybody! 

So it is my first p-day in the field! Medford, Oregon is pretty much exactly how you'd imagine it; overcast a lot with a couple hipsters. There are three other Spanish missionaries here including Elder Clarke, my old MTC companion. We all live in a little apartment and are the missionaries for a small Spanish branch of about 50 people attending. 

Being in the field is pretty different. The first door that I knocked ended up being a woman who was a pastor for her church. Needless to say, she invited me to pray about whether or not God wanted me to be on this mission or not so I told her that I would. That was pretty fun. But other than her, the people here have been really nice. Although the language isn't too big of a problem anymore, they all understand when I'm speaking and can't remember a word or two. On the other hand, my new companion, Elder Ketchum, and I are teaching an older man to read so I got to draw some flashcards up. But all of our investigators are really nice and I enjoy talking with them. 

Something cool that happened yesterday is that we went to go visit the Fuentes family, a newly married couple and their three kids, last night in their trailer park. The dad and oldest daughter are ready to get baptized but are waiting on the mom to make up her mind. We decided to visit her and share a short message. We all ended up talking for an hour and a half about faith and at the end my companion gave the parents blessings to help them feel comfort in their thoughts and decisions. The spirit was very strong and I know that it helped strengthen our investigators testimonies immensely.

It is so cool to be part of the mission field now. I feel so blessed to be able to go to people's houses and spread a message of hope to everyone who will listen. I can't wait until I get to be able to witness the full change of heart in people as I serve here in Oregon. 

I love and miss you all!


Elder Jeff Bromley II

No comments:

Post a Comment