Saturday, May 11, 2013

Week 4- MTC: Faith and Miracles

I've survived a month! The funny part about it is that it feels like I've only been here a couple days still. So last week I was unassigned as District Leader and then three days later my companion and I became the Zone Leaders. I love this job because it just means that I get to care for even more people, which has recently become my favorite thing to do here. The older district here just left making my district the oldest one here. We were also blessed to have a new district move in, six Elders and three Sisters, all only being 18-19 years old. They are very young but dang do they work hard. I'm going to enjoy the next nine days as Zone Leader.

So as Elder Clarke and I were teaching an investigator, we asked him what made him want to talk to the missionaries in the first place. He said he had gotten in an accident and while praying for help a couple days later at his bedside, the missionaries came by. He said it was a miracle. Upon hearing this, my companion and I decided to look into miracles. We found the story in the Bible where Christ heals the man who was blind from birth and immediately I started to understand more about what the story meant. In St John 9:39 it reads "And Jesus said, For judgement I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind." Apart from solidifying my notion that the Bible has the most confusing grammar ever, it opened up my eyes to a new view of miracles; how are we different than those two types of people described. While teaching that lesson, another scripture popped up into my head, Ether 12:6 which reads, "And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith."

Faith is things which are not seen. Miracles don't produce faith, faith produces miracles. If we want to see miracles in our lives, we must exercise faith in Christ that he was "a man of God." Christianity is based on the greatest of all miracles, the resurrection of our Lord. If that be admitted, all other miracles cease to be improbable. This includes the miracle that we have the truth on the earth today and that we can have happiness in this life as well as for all eternity. All we need to do is align our will with God's and we will start to see all the small miracles in our lives. Life gets easier once you see the hand of God in every part of your life, once you have enough faith in Christ to let Him heal your blindness to the true purpose of this life.

So that's what I learned this week! I encourage all of you to start acting on your faith. Find three small changes every week you could do to get that much closer to God. Soon enough you'll have a mountain of small changes and you will definitely feel the affects of your efforts. I love and miss you all

Alma 37:6

Sinceramente,

Elder Jeff Bromley II

No comments:

Post a Comment