Monday, July 1, 2013

Week 11- Medford, Oregon: Look for the Face of God in Others


Transfer Day!

So, as I may have mentioned before, my companion was very far along with his mission and is now done and going home. I now have a new companion, Elder Egerton, who is also waiting for his visa. So now we're follow-up training each other and taking over our half of the area, so this should be a great learning experience...haha. He is pretty cool and from Arkansas and is now learning how to get around Medford since he has to drive our car and my driving papers need to be resubmitted (don't worry mom). We managed to get to the library to email so I think everything is gonna be good. It's been in the 100's over here too so hopefully the lessons we plan don't fall through leaving us to tract, so we're keeping our fingers crossed.

Anyways, I was reading in Alma chapter 48 and something in verse 23 stuck out to me. First off, the Nephite soldiers didn't enjoy fighting and killing the Lamanites, but here's the reason why. "they were sorry to be the means of sending so many of their brethren out of this world into an eternal world, unprepared to meet their God."

They really truly cared about these enemy soldiers even though they knew what harm they would do to their preople if they did not defend themselves. The depth of their understanding was beyond that of things in this world and they new that ignorance would stunt the spiritual growth of many through the upcoming battle, yet they had to fight.

This reminds me of those people in our lives with whom conflicts often arise. Nobody is perfect and we are not going to get along with everybody we meet. But it is not our job to judge or hold grudges; holding on to anger is like drinking poison and hoping the other person dies. It will not help anyone. Remember the Lord's commandment, love one another. We are all children of the same God so we should not be the means by which another person's already dificult journey in returning to their Father is made more difficult. Be kind to one another, you might be surprised by what offering out an hand to help might do to soften the hearts of those who are distant. I know that it has helped me a lot in my mission so far. Try to see the face of God in others.

I love and miss you all!

Alma 48

Elder Jeff Bromley II

No comments:

Post a Comment