Monday, June 24, 2013

Week 10- Medford, Oregon: The Truth of the Book of Mormon

Hello everybody! 

I'm almost done with my first transfer here in Medford, Oregon and things keep going great! We are finding new people to teach and having very spirit-driven lessons to help us fufill our goal of inviting people to Christ. I'm slowly discovering that almost everybody we talk to and teach has connections to someone else in our branch, I guess that's just how things work here in the Spanish branch. The Fuentes family is still not sure whether to be baptized or not; everyone in our little branch is going crazy because of that. I'm not too worried because, like Gordon B. Hinckley said, "Things always work out in the end, and if it doesn't work out, it's not the end." We'll just keep trying our best over here. Also Hermano Fuentes asked me to draw him a picture he saw in a pamphlet of Christ that we both like, so I did. I hope he likes it.

Other than that the only news around here is that my companion is finishing up his last week on his mission. It's kind of funny though. We were wandering around Best Buy while other missionaries who were driving us were trying to buy a GPS and he started freaking out at the laptops and HD LED 3D TV's. He was freaking out. There aren't any more hobo stories but I'll keep you posted.

So yesterday, we were blessed with the opportunity to watch the church leadership conference. If any of you haven't seen it yet, go watch it on LDS.org. It was one of the most inspiring things I've seen and made me miss being at the MTC way bad. But there is one dialog from the conference that stuck out to me the most.

There was an woman talking about how she was introduced to the Book of Mormon. After her first lesson with the missionaries, they asked her, "how do you feel about the Book of Mormon?"

She replied, "I think that it might be true!"

The missionaries then asked a very powerful question, "Knowing that the Book is true, what are you going to do about it?"

Brothers and Sisters, we should all ask ourselves the same thing. What does it mean if the Book of Mormon is true. Well in the introduction it states that if the Book is true, that Christ is the Savior of the world, Joseph Smith was His Prophet and Revelator, and that this church is the Lord's Kingdom. It also means that before this life we lived with our Heavenly Father, and we are His children, and will once again live with Him and with our families forever after this life. To follow through with that plan we must have faith in Christ, we must repent, be baptized and confirmed in His name, and take on His name for the rest of our lives and try to be like Him.

There are some questions in Alma 5 I believe we should ask oursleves as well. "Have you been born of God? Have you received His image in your countenances? Have you experienced this great change in your lives?"

I just want to encourage you all to go and build friendships with those who are falling away or less active. And do it out of love for them.

I love and miss you all!


Elder Jeff Bromley II

Picture Jeffrey drew for Hermano Fuentes

No comments:

Post a Comment