Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Week 7- Medford, Oregon: The Lord Lifts Up the Faithful

Hello again! 

I am still alive and well, nothing much has changed about me yet, I'm just a tiny bit tanner. The people here are all so nice; the investigators are friendly and the people in our branch are among the nicest people ever! Right now my companion, Elder Ketchum, and I are trying to set a date for a family to get baptized. They are the Fuentes family and the missionaries here actually just got the parents to get married not too long ago; I can see them get happier and happier each time I see them.

So I don't have much time, but I just want to share two scriptures I like: they are Jacob 5:72 and D&C 84:88.

Both talk about how the Lord is always with us helping us to do what is right. I was a little scared at first when I first left the MTC. But as I remembered that I am not doing any of this alone and that I will be supported through all of my trials, I felt better. I had a new restored confidence, not so much in myself, but in the Holy Ghost. If I truly consecrate myself to the work, I won't ever have to be afraid. Ever.

I just want to let you all know that this little story applies to all of your lives. Things might come up and challenges may arise but like it says in Alma 36:3, the Lord will sustain us. We just need to align our will with His. Then we will be able to see God's hand in everything and find comfort that all things are for our good. So be good and be happy! Don't take what you know about this church for granted because it really is the most precious message of hope there is.

I love and miss you all!


P.S. 
My address is now:
612 Hamilton St.
Medford, OR 97501


Elder Jeff Bromley II

No comments:

Post a Comment