Monday, July 8, 2013

Week 12- Eugene, Oregon: Transfer to Eugene

Eugene, Oregon

So as I mentioned in my previous email, I had taken over half of our area with Elder Egerton, another visa waiter. About halfway through the week he followed along the reoccurring pattern and got his visa, once again throwing our Spanish branch missionaries through a loop. Since I have yet to receive my visa they decided to send me up to Eugene, OR to serve hopefully until my visa comes. My new companion is Elder Alec Anderson and he is a very diligent and great missionary. He was actually the Elder that discovered and baptized a few of the members that I got to know during my stay in Medford; I am very glad to be serving with him.

So that's where I'm at right now - Now I'm just having my first full day up here after the three hour drive we had last night. Speaking of which, Elder Egerton had some John Bytheway CD's with him so we got to listen to a couple talks while driving. I just want to recommend to all of you right now to listen to any of his talks, I think they are all great and that we can learn a lot from them. But he said something that really stuck out to me during one of his talks. He was talking about Christ and how much He truly loves us. John asked, "Do you want to know how much Christ thinks about you? He thinks about you everytime that He looks at His hands." He then brought up 1 Nephi 21:15-16 "...Yea, they may forget, yet I will not forget thee, O house of Israel. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands."

First off, for the amount of times I've gone through 1 Nephi, I have never caught that little packet of light. But how significant is that to you to know that our Lord and Savior is always thinking of us? It really illuminates my heart to know that He is always there willing to help us. There are some lyrics from Come Thou Fount that come to mind, "Jesus sought me, when a stranger wondering from the fold of God. He, to rescue me from danger interposed His precious blood." His "arms of mercy" really are extended to us. We just need to look for them.

I love and miss you all!


Elder Jeff Bromley II

No comments:

Post a Comment