Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Week 36- Huanta, Ayacucho, Peru: Merry Christmas!

I just want to say how grateful I am for the day that Christ was born. Our Savior has been there with us since the beginning and has always loved us. He has shown us the one and only way to find eternal happiness in this life and the life to come. It is our duty and privilege to learn how to be like Him and follow His perfect example. All He did was to help us.

"And my Father sent me that I might be lifted up upon the cross; and after that I had been lifted up upon the cross, that I might draw all men unto me, that as I have been lifted up by men even so should men be lifted up by the Father, to stand before me, to be judged of their works, whether they be good or whether they be evil"

Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God;

For, behold, the Lord your Redeemer suffered death in the flesh; wherefore he suffered the pain of all men, that all men might repent and come unto him.

And he hath arisen again from the dead, that he might bring all men unto him, on conditions of repentance.

And how great is his joy in the soul that repenteth!

Wherefore, you are called to cry repentance unto this people."

Please never forget the divine purpose of Christ as a new year begins. Let go of hate and scorn and grudges and guilt. Learn to depend on Christ and change your hearts to be like His. For that purpose, He was sent, He suffered, He Died, He Lived.

"Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God."

Merry Christmas! I love and Miss you all!

Chau

Elder Bromley

No comments:

Post a Comment