Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Week 29- Las Palmeras, Lima, Peru: Transfers

So I am still here in Las Palmeras! My companion now está in Ica and my new companion is Elder Gomez. He is from Honduras and I feel really good about this transfer; he and I are going to do our best to do the Lord's work here.

The last couple of days we have been receiving all kinds of support from the ward and missionary work as a whole has a different feel to it. I cannot tell you enough about how much members can help the missionaries. Yesterday, we went on divisions and while my companion was with the Ward Mission Leader, I went with the 1st Counselor of the Bishopric and taught the Restoration to a member and her non-member friend and as my comp was training several members how to share the gospel, I was setting up a family home evening with members and this investigator for today. And this was just the first hour. 

All of you who are reading this email, please ponder to yourself what you can do to be a missionary. Not to help the missionaries, because every member should be a missionary, but to share something with someone else. President Hunter said that a good indicator of our own personal conversion is our willingness to share the Gospel with others. When you share this message with a friend (the Elders or Sisters can help train you so you can do so comfortably) you are showing the Lord you love Him by acting on faith that he is preparing people. Invite someone to listen to the missionaries, gift a soul to the Lord the Christmas, change someone's eternity.



Elder Bromley

No comments:

Post a Comment