Monday, August 11, 2014

Week 69- Villa Maria, Lima, Peru: Jose Antonio's Baptism (PICTURES)

Jose Antonio was baptized and confirmed last weekend! He's going to be a strong priesthood holder; he actually left early from lunch afterwards because he was going to go visit families with another church member. We are going to do everything now to ensure he remains active in the church. What shocked us most about this baptism is that Jose Antonio cleaned up a lot. while we were teaching him he had longer scraggly curly hair and he had a scruffy little beard. But he walked into the gates of the church in a new suit and tie. We did not recognize him at first becuase he looked so different haha it's just one of the effects of accepting the gospel.

Elder Topham has been a great companion; we worked super hard in this new area and these four weeks have blown by. I look forward to seeing who my new companion will be. It still freaks me out a little bit but I know it'll all be ok. I will drop Elder Topham off in a couple hours and then I'll figure out who this Missionary (full-time or ward, I don't know) is.

I love and miss you all!

Elder Bromley


No comments:

Post a Comment