Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Week 59- La Esperanza, Pisco, Peru: TRANSFER!!!

After having served 6 months in my pueblo, Huanta, Ayacucho, I have been called to serve in a new area, La Esperanza, in Pisco. Saying good bye to all of the people to whom I served in Huanta was one of the most terrible things ever haha It was so sad. But I know that Elder Riveros will take care the area, especially with his new companion, elder Mokofisi, a Tongan and Californian who is very awesome.

My new area is much different than Huanta. I went from green mountains to sandy dunes. Although I cannot see the beach from my area, I can certainly smell it. I feel like I am in Monterey again, especially cause our little house has a second story balcony like my grandma's "ocean house." Many of the buildings here are only two stories high or under construction. The effects of the 2007 earthquake are still evident but the people here are super humble. The Peruvians here are much darker then the Serranos. But the members I have met so far have all been awesome.

My new companion in Elder Mera (Made-uh). He is from Ecuador. He is my first Hispanic companion who is taller than me. He has about 5 years as a member. Before the mission he was a drummer in a thrash metal band and a Jehovah's Witness. So basically this transfer will be super legit.

When I get a camera I will send pictures of everything. But for now, just imagine. haha

Remember that when the circumstances of our lives change, the same Gospel truths apply. As members and missionaries, we need to be the same people wherever we are, but catalysts in the work of salvation. Don't change standards of morality based on environment. Be a member of the church EVERY day, not just Sundays. And most importantly, share the gospel with everybody you can. God keeps His side of the deal when we do our part first.

I love and miss you all!

Elder Bromley

No comments:

Post a Comment