Monday, May 26, 2014

Week 58- Huanta, Ayacuhco, Peru: Busy Week

This last week has been crazy. One of our investigators, Ledys, needed to get permission from his mom to be baptized. We called him last Monday or Tuesday night and very excitedly he said, "I did as you said! I said a prayer, talked to my mom, and then she signed the baptismal form." Everybody was praying for him; his mom is a less active but is also very VERY resentful. It would not have been surprising if she didn't give him permission. But he trusted God to give him the words he needed to say and it all paid off.

Due to various circumstances the baptism had to be done Sunday morning before church, and then he was confirmed a member of the church an hour later. It was such a cool experience because about three or four months ago, Ledys would pretty much avoid us. But then he started going to church with his cousins and had a change of heart. God prepares His children.

This next week is transfers week, so I'll know if I'm headed out or staying here for another 1.5 months.

I love and miss you all!

Elder Bromley


No comments:

Post a Comment