Monday, May 12, 2014

Week 56- Huanta, Ayacucho, Peru: Hello Again

So this last week has been interesting. We were fortunate anough to be robbed while we were gone from the apartment so I won't have a camera for a while. But I will get one as soon as possible so you all can see the crazy things I do! 

So something happened with my immigration papers and I am going to be sent off to Ecuador for a day. But hopefully after that I'll be a real Peruvian citizen! One of the more entertaining parts of being half Peruvian is that I can freak out anybody, white or latin. It's always cool when I speak English to an American for the first time in English and they tell me afterwards, "Whoa! That was really good! Where are you from?" "California." "Oh what the heck." The best is freaking out the Peruvians when I randomly speak English to other missionaries. They are almost more confused than the white people. Hahaha.

So I have been thinking today about how my life has changed on the mission and how it is going to be when I get back. I really feel hesitant to pick up any old habits I had; I haven't learned all of the things I have to be the same person afterwards. I've realized that there is so much more to life than the worldly limits we put on everything. Everybody who has a calling should ask themselves, "How am I letting the Lord mold me from this opportunity to serve?" There are no small callings, each one can help you become something much greater than you are now. It depends on you if you squander and waste these opportunities or embrace and magnify them.

I love and miss you all!

Elder Bromley

No comments:

Post a Comment