Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Week 53- Huanta, Ayacucho, Peru: Transfer 4 in Huanta (and PICTURES!)

So Elder Riveros and I survived cambios and we are still here in Huanta!

So this week has been one of the craziest ever. Elder Riveros and I had to go to Lima for his immigration papers. We were gone until Friday, (I didn't arrive until Saturday because I was interviewing) And then that same day we had two baptisms!

Luis Bustamante is a little kid of an investigator who cannot get baptized yet. He is easily the smartest kid I have ever met and liked to memorize the things we taught him. According to his mom, as he was reaching his 8th birthday, he walked up to his mom and said, "I'm going to turn 8 soon, it's about time I get baptized. We told him that he needed to read every day to prepare for baptism so every day he got up at 5 a.m. to read with his mom before she went to work. Now all of you should know that there are no excuses as to not read in the Book of Mormon haha

Yenifer (Jennifer) Fermín is the daughter of two less active parents. One day my companion and I decided to trek up to the corner of Huanta where she lived and visit her parents. We found her there also, and she said that she wanted to be baptized. We talked very plainly to her mom what her baptism would require and what she needed to do as a mother to help her out and since that day she has gone to church 6 out of 6 Sundays. Now after seeing Yenifer be baptized, her older sister Elizabeth was inspired to do the same! We will see how that goes with time!

Anyways, I hope everyone had a great Easter. We should all be very thankful for Christ and all that He has done for us. He died for us; let's live for Him!

You all should watch Missionary Work and the Atonement by Elder Holland and President Eyring ASAP

I love and miss you all!

Elder Bromley


La Zona Ayacucho (missing 2 hermanas)
La Zona Ayacucho










Giant fruit (one avocado filled a bowl with guacamole that Elder Bromley y Riveros couldn't finish)

Birthday breakfast



No comments:

Post a Comment