Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Week 52- Huanta, Ayaucho, Peru: Week 18 in Huanta

Next week there will be transfers, so I will not be writing next monday.

This last week has been a fun one. The Seventy has given all members in the area South America, Northwest, the assignment to read the Book of Mormon starting today, personally and in families, and to try to finish it within a year. My companion, Elder Riveros, and I were assigned to give talks about the Book of Mormon; it was super fun telling everybody how I gained my testimony of the Book of Mormon. I remember that that the first time I truly "felt" it was true in my heart was when I heard the talk "Safety for the soul" by Jeffrey R. Holland (LOOK IT UP EVERYBODY). But even though I felt it was true then, as soon as I began to read it as a habit, my testimony grew more and more until the day I finished it! It's like a flame that never goes out, I'm not sure how many times I've read the Book of Mormon now, but I know more and more that it is the word of God as I find more help in its inspired pages. I invite all of you, whether you have read the Book of Mormon or not, to read it daily and see for yourselves the blessings you will receive.

This week has been up there for the most lessons that have failed on us in a week; 25 lessons. Sometimes as a missionary it is tempting to wish that you could talk away that agency of people so that they could just do as you ask all the time, but that's not how life nor God works. Our agency has been part of us since the pre-mortal life, and the way through which we learn what is right and what is wrong. Not even God will take that away from us; it would be a contradiction to His very own plan. If we truly understand how important agency is, there is just even more reason to forgive and be patient. Sometimes we will get frustrated based on the actions of others in our lives, but it is our duty to act, and not be acted upon.

Choose now to forgive, Choose now to forget. Choose now to be grateful, Choose now to be happy.

These are just a few of the personal choices we have to make. Don't be confused and think that any of those blessings are dependent on anything else; They depend solely on us. So just do it. Haha

Elder Riveros and I want to have three baptisms this week, Luis Bustamante, Yenifer Fermín, and Sullivan Rojas. We are hoping that all goes well with them; we will be going to Lima this week to do some immigration things for Elder Riveros, and then I will be in Huamanga, another area, doing a baptismal interview. It will be a very busy week hahaha 

I love and miss you all!

Elder Bromley  



No comments:

Post a Comment