Monday, February 17, 2014

Week 44- Huanta, Ayacucho, Peru: Fernando's Baptism (and PICTURES!)

Hey some just some quick details,

I have lost 7 kg (15 lbs) so far so please keep that in mind if you send me clothes haha aka I'm not a 16.5 collar anymore, but 15.5.

My companion and I had to go to Lima this last week for his immigration work and it was fun because we had two 11 hour bus rides and we got to leave with the assistants to the president and proselyte.

This last week we had another baptism! Fernando Quispe has been quite the miracle as he has been able to abstain from alcohol for more than three weeks now. That is an accomplishment for someone with a 50 year long addiction who couldn't sleep before unless he drank medical alcohol before bed. Many of the members asked us about him yesterday saying, "wasn't he the drunk guy?" Yes. He was the drunk guy, but he has acted with his faith unto repentence and allowed the atonement of Christ to change his entire character. He bore powerful testimony after his baptism, saying, "I have thought about it, and I have decided. I thank the Lord for sending me the brother missionaries to my house."

Let the gospel change you!

Elder Bromley









No comments:

Post a Comment