Monday, September 30, 2013

Week 24- Las Palmeras, Lima, Peru- Obedience Brings Blessings

Everything is going well down here in Peru. My companion and I have been working very hard to be successful in our work. We have several investigadores con fecha, including a taxi driver named Micky, and we are doing our best to bring them to true conversion. It is hard work, but I'm putting my faith in the Lord because he has called and qualifed me to do this and now I just need to do everything on my side of the promise. 

We have found some very nice potentials and reestablished contact with a couple investigadores antiguos. I push myself hard to be better everyday and am extremely grateful for the opportunity I have to serve here despite the difficulties that we have now and again. 

One of the hardest parts about missionary work is bringing people to this "true conversion." It is resultant from enduring to the end with full purpose of heart but can be accomplished by three basic things. Pray, read in the scriptures, and go to church. And do it with faith. 

Ether 12:18 says that miracles are a product of faith which we know reading from verse 6 means we have to act first. Obedience is an act of faith. In the mission there is a saying, obedience brings blessings, exact obedience brings miracles. 

I can promise you right now that a change of heart is a hard thing to achieve but the miracle of repentance is possible through our willingness to follow Christ. Read and pray with faith and learn from the examples in the Book of Mormon and all around you. Great things come to pass by means of small things. Do all in your power to take upon yourself the name of Christ and He will uphold his part of the promise. 

I love and miss you all!


Elder Bromley II

No comments:

Post a Comment