Monday, September 2, 2013

Week 20- Las Palmeras, Lima, Peru: OLA

Hello everybody!

I think somebody is praying super hard for me because I haven´t gotten sick yet and it's been three weeks. But now I jinxed it so I'll keep you posted. Perú is great I´m loving every moment of  it. My companion and I have a baptism this weekend. The investigator is Wilmer and he is such a cool kid. He takes in knowledge so quick and learns everything we teach him instantly. He´s already got such a strong testimony, which is good because his mom is very active in a different church. Last week my companion and I were able to have her sit in on a couple lessons and little by little she's opening up. But Wilmer is a fighter. I have faith in him.

Speaking of fighting, my mission president gave a talk last night to us and the recent converts and investigators we brought which was great. It was about enduring till the end and what it means. We teach an acronym here: OLA. Orar, Leer, Asistir, or in English, Pray, Read, Attend (church). When we are doing those things daily or weekly, we will be on the straight and narrow and  receive the blessings promised in 2 Nefi 31.

Love you all!



Elder Jeff Bromley II

No comments:

Post a Comment