Monday, September 16, 2013

Week 22- Las Palmeras, Lima, Peru: The Sacred Design of the Family

So everything is still going well in Perú. The language is becoming second nature, although I'm not perfect at speaking it yet. Some people think I'm from Brazil because of the way I talk, which must mean I mumble a lot in Español. But people enjoy the accent. haha. Quick story: I found a box full of Spanish Liahona magazines in our apartment and started reading them. I eventually found a talk I really liked by President Monson and was super excited that it was in Spanish, when I went back to read the title, I was disappointed to realize that this magazine in particular had been in English the entire time. It was so weird...

My companion and I have been finding a lot of solid people this week to teach, including the brother-in-law of Wilmer, who is waiting on a signature to get baptized. One of the Hermanas in our ward is also being a missionary and we started teaching three people because of her, all of whom attended Stake Conference yesterday (Elder Richard G. Scott can speak perfect English). 

The prevalent theme of the entire conference was the family. The family is at the center of what we teach to people. It is a sacred design ordained of God and was created to help insure the eventual return of His own children one day. A family based off the teachings of Christ will not fall. Problems will always occur but the love that is charity is infinitely stronger. So have family home evenings and pray as families. I promise you that you will be blessed with peace.



Elder Jeff Bromley II

No comments:

Post a Comment