Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Week 16- Eugene, Oregon: We're All Here Cause We're Not All There...

Hello All!

So this week has been very long but enjoyable. I just remembered right now that I actually moved apartments again a couple days ago (my address is the same - it's the mission office's). But this is the first time since my mission started that I have lived in an apartment with just one other Elder. It's really quiet sometimes but it's definitely a good break from the usual ambience that comes along with a bunch of 19-20 year-olds. That being said, we aren't in the apartment all too often, and I will be in the apartment even less now that I'm about to finish my 12 weeks of training thus ending my hour of daily training. But that's ok with me, I like going out and talking with people. I have also taken it upon myself to find nice small rocks and then drawing on them to make prayer rocks for our investigators and recent converts. They like it and I like it so it's a good trade off. Once I figure out how to work these library computers I'll start sending pictures back home.

Anyways, in this past week I've just started to notice how awesome Nephi is. He really is a great example to us because of how relatable his story is to us. Like all people, he had to pray to gain faith that what his father was prophesying was true (1 Nephi 2:16) and then he connected the dots to do what God wanted him to do just from that small seed of faith. Paraphrasing what he said in 1 Nephi 11:17, we can recognize that "Nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things, but I know that God loves His children." That one small light that he had drove him to be one of the most diligent servants the Lord has ever had. And even then, he was very humble. While in the MTC, one of the Elders from my district gave me lyrics to a song, "I Love the Lord," which is based of off the psalm of Nephi (2 Nephi 4). It shows that even spiritual giants go through hardship and have their faults, what makes them different, however, is how the react and then act to these situations. Instead of slowing down Nephi shouts, "Awake, my soul! No longer droop in sin! Rejoice, my heart! And let me praise again."

May we all try to have that perfect brightness of hope this week.

I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment