Monday, August 19, 2013

Week 18- Las Palmeras, Lima, Peru: Culture Shock

Perú is awesome. It is completely different here than from the U.S. but it's all great. Our apartment is above a small restaurant and is a lot different than the apartement I had just moved into in Eugene Oregon. The floor is all concrete and there's no hot water, which I forgot was a possibilty until my first shower here. There's a switch on the wall by the shower that raises the temperature from 55ish degrees to 65ish degrees; I'm very grateful for that switch. 

There are also a ton of dogs here. There are some that have their own spots as territory and some that walk around. The other day my companion and I saw a jauría of dogs, or a dog pack. They just walked down the street like it was no big deal in a group of 10. Also there are certain times of the day when all of the dogs are asleep. It's pretty funny though because the nicer and tamer dogs usually wear little sweaters or jackets. 

I figured out how authentic my mom's cooking actually is when I ate homemade Peruvian food here. The Aji de Gallina and Lomo Saltado tastes exactly the same and it's delicious. The rice here is even cooked the same.

The poeople here are all super nice and I'm getting used to their accents. Peruvians apparently have the British accent of the Spanish world. 

I'll let all of you know how things keep going. I love and miss you all! 


Elder Jeff Bromley II

Elder Bromley y Elder Guerrero
"King Kong" cake
Elder Guerrero & Elder Bromley eating completos

No comments:

Post a Comment