Thursday, April 18, 2013

Week 1- MTC: Week One of the MTC

It is so crazy that I have been here for as long as I have! I honestly don't understand how time works at the MTC, but it's great here! My companion's name is Elder David K. Clarke and he is also going to the Peru Lima South Mission. He is probably the nicest and most sincere guy I have ever met and I am blessed to have him as my companion. He is from American Fork, Utah and is notorious in our class for ALWAYS being happy. It is great having him around all the time and we get along great. He and I are going to give a final lesson today to our first "investigator," who is really just a member acting as a investigator. His name is Josue Mendoza and we have taught four lessons with him. Suprisingly, language has become a much less formiddable problem as we have taught him the past four lessons. We were also able to commit him to baptism yesterday, which is a little comforting since we know we're at least on the right track to being perfect missionaries.

I have been called to serve as District Leader already, which isn't too bad since there are ten people total in my district, plus it's just an opprotunity to serve those in my district. All together, there are ten of us: Elderes Daisson and Calder, and Hermanas Williams, Marshall, O'Neill, Fullerton, Purnell, and Hogan. Although I have known them all for only a week, I feel totally comfortable around them and we are always trying to lift each other up spiritually. They will make it a very enjoyable six weeks at the MTC.

I have so much more to say, but no more time left to write. Just know that I am still healthy, still alive, and doing well all around. I look forward to writing a MUCH more in depth letter next week when I have more time and my journal. I love you all and miss you all!

Invitar a las personas a venir a Cristo al ayudarlas a qye reciben el Evangelio restaurado mediante la fe en Jesucrist, el arrepentiminto, el bautismo, la recepion del don del Espiritu Santo, y el perseverar hasta el fin.

Yo se que el Evangelio es verdadero y les amo mucho!

Elder Jeff Bromley II

No comments:

Post a Comment