Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Week 65- Villa María, Lima, Peru: Hello from Lima!

So the cambios have caught me by surprise again; this last change was probably the least expected one that I have ever received. After being only one transfer in Pisco, my companion is going to train a new missionary and I am now serving in Villa María, in the program Villa María 2. It is an area that has been closed for a few months and I am not sure why. But the weirdest part is that my companion is an Elder that I already know.

His name is Elder Topham and he is from Delta, Utah. I was in the same zone as him about a year ago, and he ends in four weeks. I'm not quite sure what'll happen when that day comes, but we are so pumped to start working in this area and to get it blooming. I just never imagined that I would ever have an American companion in the mission ever again. Today we are buying furniture and food for our new house.

Pisco was a great place and I thank God for letting me work there. Elder Topham and I have already decided that we are going to work super hard this change so this area takes off. We have already been contacting less actives and asking for references. We have plans to meet ward leaders and to learn the area. The zone leaders are showing us around and are doing splits so that we know the people. Really we are going to take advantage of this blank canvas so we can restart this area in the Lord's manner.

I'll just share something very quickly with you. Of all of the things that I have learned on the mission, one of those I hold closest to my heart is that of our challenges. We all have them and we all have need of them. Sometimes we can ask ourselves why we have so many, but I feel that at the root of all of life's challenges are opportunities to truly feel embraced by God's love; God gives us challenges because He wants us to know Him better. We have the agency to do so or not, but God's grace and love are always an option.

I love and miss you all!

Elder Bromley

Elder Topham at the nightly planning session with cardboard floor mats and a suitcase table

No comments:

Post a Comment