Monday, January 13, 2014

Week 39- Huanta, Ayacucho, Peru: Back to Two, a Snake, a Rat, and a Baptism (PICTURES!)

This week was super long but I'll summarize most of it!

This week Elder Oliden was emergency transferred to Lima, Villa Salvador. He had shown us the area Huanta, and when an Elder received his visa to Mexico, he filled in the vacancy. He will be missed after having spent 7 months here in his first area.

This week I turned nine months in the mission!

We had to drop one of our investigators with a baptismal date this week because she called and confessed her love for me. It was super awkward and my zone leaders said I can stay in Huanta if I don't talk to her ever again hahahaha

Also, the same night I heard something in my kitchen and, knowing that it was a rat, awoke my comp and we had a fun time chasing it around until he hit it with a broom like a hockey puck. It's still alive, But we put it outside in the street.

Anny was baptized this last Friday!! She invited her whole family which ended up being about 25 people and they all enjoyed it. We tried contacting there but were rejected by basically all of them, but we are going to pass by and teach Anny's dad this week. It was very spiritual and now we have to work with another investigator, Milagros, who might get baptized this next week!

I love and miss you all!

Elder Bromley





No comments:

Post a Comment